- Manage the day to day Rugby Operations, performance & coaching pathway for the AASE 1 program at the college
- Manage the partnership between The Henley College & Wasps Rugby, including the day to day player support and management of all EAP and PDG Wasps Academy player alongside Wasps Junior Academy Coaches
- Manage the partnership between The Henley College & Henley Hawks Rugby Club
- Manage the colleges "Focus College" status. (RFU grass roots, development, emerging schools)
This will include:
- Be the lead coach for the AASE 1 Academy squad
- Be the lead figure in developing the college brand of rugby and playing philosophy
- Lead the recruitment drive, alongside Wasps Academy, for all prospective AASE players. This will include going to club, school & county fixtures during the season.
- Coach within the Wasps Junior Academy. This will include Monday night training sessions, School holiday training days and some weekend fixtures.
- Work closely with The Wasps Academy manager, Head of Athletic Development and Head of Physiotherapy to support AASE 1 academy players and plan effective programs of training
- Oversee all competition related matters including the RFU AASE league, post-Christmas fixture schedule & Sevens. This will also include: the organisation of transport, Catering, kit, medical, changing rooms & officials.
- Manage the academic and pastoral pathway of all AASE rugby students and provide mentoring and support where appropriate.
- Lead the host family accommodation scheme; this will include regular visits to existing hosts and the ongoing recruitment of new ones.
- Report on player attainment and provide ongoing feedback to teachers and parents
- Manage out of season training programmes. This will include training during the school holiday periods, where appropriate.
- Maintain positive and effective communication with all members of the Henley College community, including pupils, parents, staff and outside agencies
- Work with the HOF to promote the College. Regularly review the budget, facilities, in addition and including training equipment and playing kit
- Work with the HOS & HOF to manage, update and review rugby specific budget requirements.
- Working with HOS manage Henley College part time rugby staff & volunteers, including the support of the AASE 2 staff
- Play a lead role in marketing the rugby program at the Henley college & drive the sponsorship recruitment initiative
- Work with the HOF and College teachers to review player attainment and engagement levels. You will be the lead point of contact for all AASE rugby players in regards to academic and pastoral care.
- Attend all college open events and information evenings
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience in coaching 16-18 year old aspiring rugby players
- Level 3 (or working towards level 3) RFU coaching award
- Desirable Teaching qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to build strong relationships with players, parents and key stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills - Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Resilient and Adaptable to change
- Knowledge of Child protection and Safeguarding processes
- Outgoing and passionate about rugby, Henley College and Wasps
- Self-motivated - Ability to work on their own, can work independently or as part of a team.
Attributes & Behaviours
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others and takes pride in the achievement of team objectives
- A strong commitment to professional development
- Shares ideas and information
- Displays the highest standards of players and student support
Application deadline: Wednesday 5th Sept 2018.
Interviews: Monday 10th and / or Tuesday 11th September 2018 - TBC
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org