Job Title: Finance Manager
Salary: (25 hours per week @ £18/hr; 25 days holiday p.a.)
(Flexible working can accommodate school hours; minimum 4 days per week office based.)
Accountable to: Finance Director
Primary Purpose: To organise and manage the financial affairs of Henley Rugby Football Club (HRFC)
1. To provide accurate and detailed business performance and accounts information in accordance with pre-determined deadlines, with a clearly presented commentary including: Accounting • Prepayments and accruals • Review and analysis of other balance sheet accounts (including bank rec) • Review of the trial balance Management Accounts • Preparation of the management accounts including income analysis • Preparation of the executive summary Statutory Accounts • Responses to audit queries • Annual Returns to Companies House and RFU
2. To provide and evaluate forward financial analysis and modelling that will accurately identify the implications of present and future strategies including: Budget • Salary budget • Admin and overhead budgets • Compilation of the overall budget including the sports department and fundraising
3. To implement and maintain a system of financial controls.
4. To ensure compliance with statutory regulations and submission of returns including VAT as agreed by the due dates.
VAT • Preparation of the quarterly VAT return • Respond to VAT queries from HRFC staff • Manage VAT inspections
Business and Financial Management
• To prepare monthly Management Accounts and Cashflow Forecasts • To attend, as necessary, meetings of the Management Committee and present relevant financial reports.
• To arrange safe secure storage of all financial records. • To maintain and as necessary develop further a reliable computerised accounting system.
• To produce proposals to streamline procedures to achieve time and cost savings. • To develop an effective departmental budgetary control system. • To prepare financial reports in support of fundraising and sponsorship initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience
• Training in accountancy. • A strong office worker, with good experience as a book-keeper, accountant, or similar role.
Skills and Abilities • Good working knowledge of Sage 50 accounts, Excel and the skills to manage accounting and book-keeping requirements. • Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. • Organised and methodical, able to plan and diarise tasks ahead and ensure they are delivered on time. • Takes personal responsibility for ensuring the job gets done, and also comfortable asking for help whenever required.
Please contact email@example.com with an up to date CV and cover letter outlining your interest in the role.